The scary old tree

Looming over one of the two entrances to the cave of the 10th colossus (the one on the same side as "ICO beach") is a scary old tree, looking more like something from a Tim Burton movie than the rest of SoTCs' world. Outside the caves entrance you'll find a spot which an unusually large hawk consistently swoops over. If you grab this hawk it will fly you above the winding mountain path leading up to the cave.

At one point the hawk flies very close to an otherwise unreachable platform in the mountains. I've try unsuccessfully to land on this platform by letting go of the hawk at the right moment - give it a shot yourself if you're up there and tell me if you have any luck.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not beaten Hard and thus not the Hard Time Attack yet, but I have to wonder if maybe the parachute that I've heard of in Hard Time Attack could assist in this?

Or maybe in certain other random areas? I think this might be my drive to start playing again... hmm...

12/11/2005 03:16:00 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

Hmmm, the area probably lacks collision detection if it really wasn't meant to be reached (Although, you'd think he'd just fall through the level geometry if that were the case).

It's cool that you got there though!

12/11/2005 08:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hawk is very large! I've noticed that sometimes with hawks you grab their feet, (mostly, for me) you grab their tails.... I wonder if it makes any difference in your flight length...? :P

Otherwise, it's very odd that that particular bird is bigger than the norm....

12/24/2005 10:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-South of Dirge's domain is an area with a large dead tree upon it, comparable
in size to a Colossus, whereas most trees in the game are comparatively small
fruit-growing trees.

3/26/2006 04:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't find that Hawk and stuff...
Can anybody help me? I would really like to know how to see and grab on hawk's legs.

7/23/2007 05:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can get a better look at the tree, and the surrounding area in this video

1/02/2008 03:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home